Want to win 2 free tickets to Dante or Die‘s Take On Me at Hoo Sports Centre?
Of course you do!
All you need to do is
- Grab a camera, or dig out your authentic 80s photo album.
- Make an 80s style selfie – the sillier the better. Or find that photo of yourself (or a relative) back in the days of Smash Hits, leg warmers and Live Aid!
- Upload it to the pinned post on our Facebook page from Monday 19 November.
Entries close on Wednesday 28 November at 5pm and winners will contacted on Thursday 29 November by Facebook Messenger.
For full Rules and Terms of entry read below – and good luck!
ABOUT THE SHOW
TAKE ON ME is a show from Dante or Die that is taking place after hours in leisure centres across the UK. Set in the 1980s world of headbands and leg warmers, it follows a lonely woman coming to the gym for the first time and a lifeguard who has never saved anyone.
Live musicians belt out classic 80’s hits including I Wanna Dance with Somebody and Flashdance, and lead you through the changing rooms, gym, an aerobics class and finally the pool. You are a fly on the wall for one extraordinary day in these people’s lives, as characters from 80’s films appear out of nowhere to change the course of fate.
A guest cast of local people have been rehearsing in November to play various parts including the Karate Kid, the centre receptionist and pool spectators who suddenly break into a rendition of Holding Out for a Hero. You’ll never look at your leisure centre in quite the same way again!
All this work has only been possible thanks to the support and partnership with Medway Council’s Sports and Arts Teams – huge thanks to all who gave space, time and support.
A limited number of tickets are still available for Take On Me at Hoo Sports Centre on Saturday 1 December (4pm & 7pm) and Sunday 2 December (4pm & 7pm) – book via the Medway Tickets Live website.
This performance is recommended for ages 14+. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. Contains strong language and brief full frontal nudity.
“Lovely, lovely warm-hearted night out on Saturday, what a beautiful, joyful hug of a show”
Audience Member, Poole, Nov 2018
80s Selfie Competition – Rules and Terms of Entry
- By sharing your Photo Entry you give permission for Ideas Test and/or Dante or Die to use
Use of your image will be for the following reasons:
Promotion of competition and performances of Take On Me
Use in evaluation reports by Dante or Die/Ideas Test
Your image will not:
Be sold on to stock photo agencies
Used publicity for third-party products or services
Used in a way that is derogatory, insulting, or abusive.
- All entrants must be over 18. People in photos who are under 18 are allowed to enter but need permission from parents/carers/guardians. Entries without these permissions will be disqualified.
- Entrants can be known to members of the Ideas Test/Dante or Die team. This will not reflect on the judge’s decision. Members of the Ideas Test team or Dante or Die main production team or professional cast can enter but are not eligible for the prize.
- All entries must belong to entrant or be entrants own photo.
- Prizes are non-transferrable and no cash prize alternative will be given. If the winning entry cannot attend the show no alternative prize will be given. Please let us know when we contact you if that is the case. The prize will then be awarded to the 2nd placed entry.
- The prize is for 2x tickets to one performance of Take On Me at Hoo Sports Centre ONLY, either on Saturday 1 December or Sunday 2 December at 4pm or 7pm. Age guidance for the show is 14+ and any attendees under 18 should be accompanied by an adult.
Tickets do not include:
Other expenses such as food/refreshments.
- By entering this competition, you give Ideas Test & Dante or Die permission to contact you. Your personal data will not be sold on or used for third party marketing.
- Entry opens on Monday 19 November and close on Wednesday 28 November @ 5pm. Any entries after the closing date may still be shared on Ideas Test & Dante or Die’s social media but will not be eligible for the competition.
- The winner will be contacted via Facebook on Thursday 29 November, and the winner will be publicly announced on Facebook and other social media on Friday 30 November.
- If the winner cannot be contacted by 9am on Friday 30 November the prize will go to the second placed entry, as judged by Ideas Test/Dante or Die.
- Entries will be judged by Ideas Test/Dante or Die. The judge’s decision is final.
Take On Me – 80s Selfie Competition is a fun, lighthearted competition. Anyone found insulting entries, using other entrants photos on other platforms, using derogatory terms and/or slurs against other entries or in general, or any other behaviour considered a breach of the rules by Ideas Test and/or Dante or Die will be disqualified from the competition and permanently banned from posting/viewing Ideas Test’s Facebook page.