Want to develop your creative potential? Try an Arts Award!
What is an Arts Award?
Arts Awards are unique qualifications that help anyone aged up to 25 to grow as artists and as arts leaders.
It can inspire you to take part in things that you love to do, from drawing & painting to music, fashion, digital art, pottery and poetry – and maybe a few we haven’t heard of!
There are five levels – all can be done by anyone under 25
- Discover: an introductory award, designed for ages 5 and above
- Explore: an Entry Level (Entry 3) qualification designed for ages 7 and above.
- Bronze: a Level 1 qualification open to young people aged 11 and over
- Silver: a Level 2 qualification, designed for ages 14 and above, but open to young people aged 11 to 25.
- Gold: a Level 3 qualification, designed for ages 16 and above, but open to young people aged 11 to 25. The award has 16 points on the UCAS tariff, so if you get a Gold Arts Award it could help you get into further education like University.
There are no entry requirements, no time limits for completing the award, and no set rules on how to present your final work. It’s a flexible way to learn about the arts and become a better artist and future arts leader.
When you go through the five levels of Arts Award you’ll get to:
- Enjoy creating and taking part in activities
- Experience things you might not have tried before – like theatre productions and plays or learning how to do special effects.
- Develop your own creativity
- Learn how to say what you think about your favourite type of art to other people.
- Discover other artists and craftspeople and their work
- Find out about what it takes to be a professional in the arts.
- Get experience and knowledge to help you go into further education and to get jobs.
If you’re curious about how Ideas Test can help then contact us – our email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Arts Award visit their website.