We’re looking for a Youth Development Manager to join Ideas Test.
You’ll be joining us at a pivotal point in our journey. In 2020 we became a Charitable Interest Organisation and this year ‘novated’ meaning we are now an independent arts organisation leading on the Creative People and Places programme for Medway and Swale.
We want someone to help create a youth led programme that is shaped and led by young people and meets their needs.
Working closely with both internal and external partners in Swale and Medway, you’ll oversee, develop and manage creative events and programming for young people aged 14 – 25 within Medway and Swale.
- At least 3 years experience of working and engaging with young people in a professional role
- Experience of delivering creative projects to a high standard, including working in partnership with external stakeholders and organisations
- Proven experience of successful fundraising
- Experience of managing freelance staff and volunteers
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Qualified Arts Award Advisor (or willingness to train).
- Understanding of diversity and inclusion and ability to engage and work successfully with young people in our local communities
- The ability to manage a complex and varied workload
- Experience of effective reporting, budgeting, evaluation and impact measurement
- Understanding of best practice in safeguarding and working with vulnerable young people
- An understanding of issues and opportunities related to the Creative People and Places Programme, the Arts Council England funded programme that is the principal funder of Ideas Test, with a commitment to action learning
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 (pro rata) depending on experience
Holidays: 25 days holiday per year (pro rata) plus bank holidays.
Working Hours: The role is part-time, 3 days a week (22.5 hours excluding breaks),with an expectation that there is potential to develop the programme and number of working days further.
Due to the nature of this programme, some flexibility in terms of working hours is required. This will include some evening and Saturday working (with equivalent time off in lieu). Probation period of 3 months.
To learn more download our full Youth Development Manager Job Description: Youth Development Manager JD.docx [272 KB]
How to apply:
Please send to email@example.com:
- A covering letter (no more than 2 sides A4) summarising;
- your interest in the post
- how you meet the person specification
- Comprehensive CV demonstrating relevant experience
We will also require two professional references.
Closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Monday 17th May 2021.
Click on the buttons below to share this Youth Development Manager Job Opportunity via your favourite apps