- This event has passed.
Drawing On Wisdom – creative workshops for 6-12 year olds with Hannah Whittaker
29th October 2020 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Artist Hannah Whittaker needs your help!
Are you 6 to 12 years old, living in Gillingham and enjoy stories and getting creative?
Take part in Hannah’s project – Drawing On Wisdom.
You’ll get to meet a new person on a video, listen to them tell a story and make pictures about that story – all in a safe and fun place.
To keep everyone safe we’re asking people to pre-book their places
If you have any questions or would like your child to take part please contact Hannah:
Phone: 07714 021017
(for kids only!)
This is what you’ll do at the workshop:
- Watch a video of a story from an older person about what their childhood was like.
- Talk about the person’s story and how you think they felt.
- Talk about what’s happened in your life this year, especially during the lockdown, and how the older person’s story may be similar to yours.
- Talk about what parts of their story you liked, or stood out to you most and why.
- You can then get creative and make a drawing, painting or collage to show that moment in the story.
Workshops will take place at Gillingham Salvation Army from 10 am to 5 pm
Everyone will have a time-slot to come in and take part. This is so we can keep everyone safe and well.
Each filmed story from the older people and the pictures made in the workshops will then be put together to make a video which will be shown in an online exhibition and in local public spaces.
And don’t worry – we’ll let you know when and where you can see the final Drawing On Wisdom film.
Drawing On Wisdom is a project by Hannah Whittaker.
It’s supported by 51 Zero.
Read more about Hannah and Drawing On Wisdom: https://ideastest.org.uk/seed-commissions-2020-drawing-on-wisdom/
Visit Hannah’s website: http://hannahwhittaker.com/