We’re looking for four artists (or artist collectives) for our new project in Swale and Medway.
The project will run until June 2021.
You’ll be working with us and our community partners to help those most at risk of loneliness as a result of Covid-19.
You’ll work with our existing networks of befrienders and volunteers and potential participants to design and deliver a creative activity for lonely or isolated people which will culminate in a collaborative artwork.
The contact could be via activity packs, community deliveries, old fashioned post, telephone calls as well as online activities.
We want those who take part to;
- feel less lonely
- feel less isolated
- feel more connected to their community
- have a sense of belonging
- have increased wellbeing
Artists will be chosen by a community panel.
This project is funded by Arts Council England and the Department for Culture, Media, and Sport.
We particularly welcome applications from artists who reflect the diverse communities of Medway and Swale including those who are/have;
- Asian and Black
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning or Non-Binary (LGBTQ+)
- Deaf, disabled, or neuro-diverse
- Lived experience of loneliness and isolation, as single parents/ carers /for health reasons or because they are shielding a family member.
- From working-class or benefit-class backgrounds.
- From marginalised and underrepresented groups and communities including the Roma community, those with refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds.
This opportunity closed on Monday 15th February 2021