We have now closed the applications for Make Waves.
Make Waves people aged 18 to 25 will
- Get £100 per day at a Work Placement – experience working at a local Medway creative business
- Get their travel cost paid for.
- Get skills that will stay with them for life – ‘transferable skills that will boost their CV.
- Get to be their own boss – They’ll be given the power to imagine, plan and create their own events with the support of Ideas Test’s team.
Make Waves in Medway and beyond!
We’ve been looking for the next generation of event makers and creators in Medway. The Make Waves producer training programme is the way for them to get a foot in the door of the creative industries and start out on a career path like no other.
Here’s what people taking part in the programme will get from the experience:
- Develop sought after skills that to boost their CVs
- Valuable networking opportunities and site visits to creative projects and events.
- Learn the secrets of the industry through special guest workshops
- Have hands on experience working on Medway Light Nights in February 2022, a festival of light that will transform Rochester’s iconic buildings and spaces into works of art.
They’ll also receive a budget to make their ideas happen, and be paid to get work experience!
Those taking part in Make Waves are people
- who are between 18 – 25 years old
- who live, study, work or volunteer in Medway
- are passionate about creativity and events
- and have a positive attitude with a determination to make change through ‘Making Waves’
When & where are we talking?
The Programme started in November 2021 – and will run until Summer 2022.
The Make Waves team will meet every other Monday afternoon at MidKent College’s Glassbox Theatre in Gillingham. These session will give them the knowledge of what different creative roles in producing projects and events involve.
The Make Waves group will also go and attend events to get inspired from others working in the creative industries.
Applications for Make Waves 2021/22 have now closed.
Thank you to all those who applied and who are part of the 2021/22 Make Waves cohort.
If you wanted to apply but missed the deadline, please sign up to our e-News and Mailing List to keep up-to-date with opportunities we’ll have in the future.
For more information on the Make Waves programme contact Bryony, our Youth Development Manager on email@example.com or 07387 842524 to find out more!
With thanks to the below funders and partners for their generous support:
Make Waves is a partnership project managed by Ideas Test and supported by Icon Theatre
CREATIVE ESTUARY has a vision to forge a new future founded on creative energy and innovation, along the length of the Thames Estuary. The project is supported by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and led by the University of Kent on behalf of a consortium of public sector and cultural organisations. They include the South East Local Enterprise Partnership (SELEP), Kent and Essex County Councils, the Greater London Authority, 11 local authority areas represented by Greater North Kent Partnership and opportunity South Essex, South East Creative Economy Network (SECEN), University of Essex, Locate in Kent and cultural organisations Metal and Cement Fields. In early 2019 the University of Kent was awarded £4.3m from the DCMS Cultural Development Fund on behalf of the partners. DCMS Sport funds the Cultural Development Fund which is administered by Arts Council England.