Kent & Medway Growth Hub
The Kent and Medway Growth Hub forms part of the South East Business Hub, the South East Local Enterprise Partnership’s overarching business support programme, which also supports local hubsin East Sussex and Essex, Southend and Thurrock. The Hub helps new and existing businesses find the most suitable type of business support available in their area.
Phone: 01233 225447
Swale Borough Council
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Update
As you will be aware, the government updated its COVID-19 advice at the weekend.
Swale Borough Council has provided links to the latest advice for businesses.
- The list of companies and premises to remain closed are here.
- Advice for those who are encouraged to return to work is in step one of the Government’s Our Plan to Rebuild document.
- When you are able to reopen or return to premises, there is advice about how to make your workplace safe.
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs) have been published to summarise what you can and can’t do, which are based on the new guidance.
- The Health and Safety Executive has also provided advice about how to carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment.
Business rates revaluation postponed
The government has announced that the business rates revaluation will no longer take place in 2021, to help reduce uncertainty. The full story can be found on the government website.
Swale Borough Council has sent out letters to about the availability of a Government grant of £10,000 or £25,000.
You can check if your business meets the eligibility criteria by looking at the following links for the Small Business Grant Funding (£10,000) (https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/small-business-grant-funding/) and the Cash Grant for Retail, Hospitality and Leisure (£10,000-25,000) (https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/cash-grant-for-retail-hospitality-and-leisure/).
If you meet the criteria, you can register your details online. You’ll need the following:
- Your business rates account number;
- VAT number (if this is not applicable please type NA in the form);
- Company number (if this is not applicable please type NA in the form);
- Your businesses address, including postcode;
- The date of birth of the applicant.
You can submit your details and find out more at this link: https://www.swale.gov.uk/support-scheme-registration.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.