Ideas Test and Musical Futures are looking for 6 young people (3 in Swale and 3 in Medway) to become young music leaders and run Music Clubs in Kent for 11-16 year olds.
This is an opportunity to develop your skills as musicians and people, lead your own band, and inspire the next generation of musicians.
You’ll be trained to deliver the Musical Futures ‘Just Play’ programme where you will;
- Create a whole-class band, no matter what participants’ previous experience is
- Play chords, melodies, rhythms, basic beatboxing, on guitar, keyboard, bass guitar, drums and vocals
- Learn music by ear and to read basic tab and notation
- Use current pop and rock music to get to grips with chord jams and medleys
- Teach others to to write their own songs, and even devise their own material
- Lead a performance
Why should you get involved?
- Increase your skills and improve your CV
- Receive training from a national music organisation
- Weekly coaching from an experienced music leader
- Gain Silver Arts Award
- Have access to a financial bursary to put towards further musical and leadership development
Who are we looking for?
- Anyone aged between 16-19
- Interest in developing music leadership skills and confidence
- Able to commit to two full training days (on Saturdays) and weekly after school sessions
The training sessions will be held on;
- Saturday 29th April (11am-4.30pm)
- Saturday 20th May (11am-4.30pm)
How to apply:
All you need to do is fill out this online form by Monday 8th May.
We will then contact you for interviews to be held at No.34 on Monday 3rd April.