YOUTH PROGRAMME MANAGER
An exciting opportunity has arisen with Ideas Test, who are looking for a capable and enthusiastic individual to take on the management of our youth programme.
The role will involve project management, coordination, record keeping and line management of other freelancers working on various projects. You will be confident in working with stakeholders, artists, young people and partners, including schools and you will represent Ideas Test on various partnerships in Kent. You will have experience of delivery and teaching in one or more specific art forms, with strong organisational ability. You will be a creative proactive and positive individual with the ability to communicate well and to problem solve. You will be able to keep good records and to understand the importance of data and evaluation in best practice project management. Training will also be given.
The current programme includes:
Paper Peace – a national programme led by Emergency Exit Arts to develop a group of young producers in each of 5 areas, with final performances in November
LGBT+ Creatives & Digital Natives – projects commissioned by the charity Porchlight
Theatre 31 – an Arts Council/ Department for Culture Media and Sport funded theatre and new writing programme over 3 years in Medway and Swale
Swale Fusion Festival – a schools programme for October in Sittingbourne
- Good knowledge of the local area
- Interest in the values and principles of the Creative People and Places flagship programme
- Enthusiasm for work that engages with young people who may experience barriers in accessing culture and a commitment to working with young people to empower them and remove those barriers
- Knowledge and experience of schools / FE/ HE environments
- Safeguarding training/knowledge of best practice
- Arts Award trained and Artsmark aware
Willingness to travel. Own transport an advantage but not essential. Ideas Test has a public transport travel policy.
FOR MORE DETAIL AND HOW TO APPLY PLEASE SEE THE JOB DESCRIPTION:
Closing date to apply is Monday 2nd September at 12pm (Midday)
Interviews commence on Wednesday 4th September.